"I will be the best thief in the world!" ~ Lina, one of her victory lines
Lina has a daring, optimistic personality. Whenever she encounters danger, she tends to make jokes while other party members react with seriousness or shock.
She works as a mercenary at Mercenary Inc., under Old Tristam.
It is hinted that Lina is related to the royal family of Crystalia, but either was kidnapped or escaped (or possibly was kidnapped, escaped her captors, then decided to adventure.) It is unknown as to why Lina decided to go off on her own, but it can be inferred that she wanted an adventurous life by joining Mercenary Inc. and accompanying D in his quest, always using the same excuse to stay by his side.
Lina's backstory prior to the events of the game is not outright stated, however there are occasional hints and references to it throughout the game.
- While Lina's past is uncertain, it is suggested that she is the sister of Princess Namina, as she calls her Nina, and because Namina is hinted to be the Ninja which is comparable to a Thief.
- Though mistaken to be Princess Namina upon arriving on Crystalia, she could also be the Wind Guardian, as both are theorized to be sisters.
- The King has stated that he once had a younger daughter who was kidnapped long ago, which supports the theory that Lina is Princess Namina's sister.
- When you ask her about herself in Smalltown she says she likes Mercenary Inc because it is breezy, full of high places and makes her feel closer to the wind which sugests that she is Namina's sister and/or the Wind Guardian.
- If you look closely, both Lina and Princess Namina has blue eyes and their eyes shape are similar, which further support this theory.
- Despite being a thief, Lina discriminates people who steal other's belongings, saying "they give a bad name of being a thief", which contradicts Lina's reputation as a thief to begin with.
- On the other hand, D states that Lina could possibly be a treasure hunter, which can explain her ability of thievery.
|Skill Name||Gained From||Description|
|Steal||Thief I||Attempts to steal an item from an enemy.|
|Throw Burst 1||Thief I||Throws a level 1 Burst item.|
- As a way of saying she'll stick with D she states "Two swords are better than one" even though she uses daggers rather than swords and carries two of them.
- Lina is unique among characters in repeatedly breaking the Fourth Wall, occasionally saying "This game needs a harder difficulty" upon a victory, as one of the examples.